Create up to 3 minutes of audio for free. Available for Android and i-devices.
Edmodo for the Android™ makes it easy for teachers and students to stay connected and share information. Use your Android phone to send notes, post replies, and check messages and upcoming events while away from the classroom. Edmodo for the Android makes it easy for teachers and students to stay connected and share information.
Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders--and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
- Sync all of your notes across the computers and devices you use
- Create and edit text notes, to-dos and task lists
- Save, sync and share files
- Search for text inside images
- Organize notes by notebooks and tags
- Email notes and save tweets to your Evernote account
- Connect Evernote to other apps and products you use
- Share notes with friends and colleagues via Facebook and Twitter
Works with Evernote:
Easily manage your academic tasks & assignments and sync them into Evernote.
Everstudent lets you keep track of your daily academic tasks with a simple yet elegant planner interface, while synchronizing with the greatest note-taking software, Evernote®.
- Organize your tasks and assignments by class
- Add color codes to classes to organize and filter your assignments
- Add instructor, phone, email and other notes to classes and assignments
- Group your classes by semesters or terms
- Sync (one-way) your assignments and classes to Evernote to access them from any device or computer and to share with friends and family
QR Code app to scan or create QR Codes.
Annotate, edit and save your photos & scribbles… fast
Skitch, the popular desktop app has gone mobile. Annotate an image with arrows, shapes and text. Sketch something new and markup an existing photo, then save your creations to Evernote or share them with other applications.
Drawing attention to your images has never been easier. Here are some ways to use Skitch:
- When you’re at a conference, take a snapshot of the people you meet, annotate it with their names and save it into Evernote.
- Annotate any image, screenshot or photo saved in Evernote thanks to a streamlined Skitch/Evernote integration.
- Download a screenshot attached to email. Open it in Skitch and add your comments. Save to Evernote for later review.
- Take a snapshot of something awesome, resize it, draw an arrow, add a caption, then post the image on Twitter or Facebook.
- Grab a picture of a whiteboard in a meeting or lecture, add a comment and save to Evernote.
- Quickly sketch out a map, diagram or unicorn!
Powerful features to help you get even more out of Skitch:
- Zoom and crop images.
- Create smooth, lines and scribbles to explain an idea.
- Add text using a special high-contrast coloring scheme for readability.
- Markup text with the semi-opaque highlighter tool.
- Re-position and delete shapes, text and drawings at any time.
- Share your work with with any application that accepts images.
Skitch is fast and fun!
Smart Student Response System that can be used by any mobile device system. A teacher version is needed for it to work.
Socrative brings smart clickers, student response and ease of use to a whole new level. Be engaged for the entire class with educational exercises and games. See all your classmates’ ideas in real time and interact with the responses. Provide your instructor feedback on the lessons and how well you understand the material. Ask your own poll questions for the entire class or build a premade activity for your whole class. Have Fun!
ENGAGE THE CLASS, SAVE ON GRADING TIME
- Socrative brings smart clickers to a whole new level.
- Engage the entire classroom with educational games and exercises while getting student results in real-time.
- Run Socrative off any web browser, while your students run it off their smartphone / iPod Touch / Laptop.
- Socrative takes 3 minute for you to setup and 30 sec for your students to load.
- Saves you time grading and lesson planning.
- Games and exercises on their device, results show up on the classroom screen.
Cost: Free 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, High School
Yasp! is a student planner app for Android that is free and has some great features. It's easy to use and set up your class schedule, as well as enter assignments and due dates. In landscape mode, it displays a week view and can support two week schedules (A and B weeks like my school uses). It supports recurring events, class schedules, assignments with reminders, and one time events like exams.
It does not sync to any desktop version, but is very simple and easy to use and will be a great resource for many students.