Cost: $1.99 Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade
Quickly and easily set up personalised spelling tests for your children, using the words you want them to learn. The app allows you to set up tests, enter words and then record audio versions of those words for your children to listen back to before they spell them. Stats on each child let you see how they're doing and which words they're struggling with.
Cost: $2.99 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade
Educational literacy game where the students spins a wheel and creates parts of a story. Students can record narration over images.
Cost: $2.99 Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade
Wonderful app that allows students to practice spelling words. Students record their words and this recording is part of their test later!
Cost: $0.99 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, High School
Talk to them and they will repeat what you say in turns. Create & record funny conversations between them.
Teaches four different age appropriate subjects to Kindergarten students. This program teaches sight words, addition, subtraction and spelling.
• Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 40+ items)
• 5 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city
• Over 100 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Save learning information for up to four children
• Can upgrade to 30 children with In App purchase
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific quest`ions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch (Pre-K), Dolch (K)
• Addition: up to a total of 10
• Subtraction: from 10 down
• Spelling: complete words by choosing the first letter
Cost: $0.99 Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade
Engages children with the world of letters and word making in a completely new and imaginative way. the letters are fun and friendly characters that children will love playing with.
Cost: $0.99 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, High School
This is an app that allows student to organize details about books or other projects. Students can then email their information to the teacher. It features 25 graphic organizers for students to use to organize their thinking while reading or preparing to write. Covers all common comprehension skills. Save to your device or email.
Students are shown 4 pictures. 3 are connected and 1 is different. Students touch the picture that is different and move to another problem.
A basic free version is also available.
Cost: $1.99 Primary, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade
This app lets kids hear the sounds of letters and words using a talking movable alphabet. It features advanced text to speech capabilities and can pronounce and spell-check an unlimited number of original words and sentences.
If you have a SmartPhone or a tablet computer, chances are you have heard of the Words With Friends craze. It's basically Scrabble across the internet between you and your friends. Before school let out dozens of my students were telling me about the game. Imagine that.... a game based around vocabulary and spelling being a hit with kids.