Express yourself with fewer words, emails and meetings…with Skitch for iPad!
Use shapes, arrows, sketches and text annotation to get your point across fast. Mark up photos, screenshots, maps, and webpages then share them with anyone you like.
Skitch lets you:
- Annotate: Add arrows, shapes and text to existing images
- Create: Draw something new
- Edit: Reposition, recolor and remove your annotations at will
- Share: Send your sketches and annotations over Twitter and email
- Present: Show your work in real time via AirPlay on Apple TV
- Remember: Save everything to Evernote for later
Use Skitch to:
- Sketch and share
- Point out objects and locations in a photo
- Brainstorm design ideas with your team
- Identify a point of interest on a map
- Annotate a screenshot of your awesome high score
- Have fun!
My students have been loving Skitch so much that they have been trying to find ways to use it all the time. This past week we used it when we were working on developing descriptive words. Using descriptive words is something we have been discussing as a way to make our stories more interesting.
To begin with we all took a picture of the same thing, a shell. Each student went about trying to think of words they could use to describe this shell to someone who has never seen it. Too cool!
Next they wanted to work on describing something of their choosing. This proved to be a bit more difficult for some of them. A couple students chose to take pictures of things that were very difficult to describe. After they struggled a bit we discussed why they were having difficulty and they then chose to try again with something that lent itself a bit more to the exercise.