Cost: $1.99 Kindergarten, 1st Grade
Players take turns rolling two dice, finding their sum, and then matching the sum to one or more numbers in their hand. Every match eliminates that number or numbers from a player’s hand and reduces their score. Players try to eliminate all the numbers in their hand. Play continues until no more sums from the dice can be matched to a number or numbers in a player’s hand. The player with the lowest score wins the game! Visual and audio reinforcement of correct and incorrect answers help players master addition facts and comparison skills.
Features of Tric-Trac:
- 2 players (for extra practice, a single player can play as Player 1 and Player 2)
- Practices basic addition facts from 0 to 6
- Practices composition of numbers
- Correct and incorrect answer feedback
- Guided/Unguided play
- Full tutorial
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
It is a paid app but is often on sale or free depending on when you search on the App Store.
Students or groups of students can use these apps in centers or as a review for a particular math topic.