Cost: $1.99 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade
Players try to match equivalent fractions on cards showing halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths, and twelfths. When cards are matched, they disappear and points are awarded. As cards disappear from the array, the cards behind them become accessible. The game ends when all cards are matched or no more matches can be made. Players earn extra points for making two or more matches in a row. To earn all possible points, players must clear the board!
Features of Equivalent Fractions:
- Fraction cards contain visual representations of fractions
- Ability to compare fraction cards by clicking and dragging
- Practices fraction concepts and relationships
- Correct and incorrect answer feedback
- Full tutorial
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
It is a paid app but is often on sale or free depending on when you search on the App Store.
Students or groups of students can use these apps in centers or as a review for a particular math topic.