Cost: $1.99 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade
Players take turns dealing two 2-digit number cards to each player, finding their differences, and then comparing the differences. Players score points for correctly finding their difference, identifying the greater difference, and for having the greater difference. The player with the most points at the end of 8 rounds wins! Visual and audio reinforcement of correct and incorrect answers help players master subtraction computation and comparison skills.
Features of Subtraction Top-It:
- 2 players (for extra practice, a single player can play as Player 1 and Player 2)
- 8 competitive rounds of play
- Practices subtraction computation with 2-digit numbers and comparisons of numbers
- Fully randomized 2-digit number card deck
- Correct and incorrect answer feedback
- Guided/Unguided play
- Full tutorial
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
It is a paid app but is often on sale or free depending on when you search on the App Store.
Students or groups of students can use these apps in centers or as a review for a particular math topic.