Cost: $1.99 1st Grade, 2nd Grade
Players take turns drawing two cards, finding their sums, and then comparing the sums. Players score points for correctly finding their sum, identifying the greater sum, and for having the greater sum. The player with the most points at the end of 8 rounds wins! Visual and audio reinforcement of correct and incorrect answers help players master addition facts and comparison skills.
Features of Addition Top-It:
- 2 players (for extra practice, a single player can play as Player 1 and Player 2)
- 8 competitive rounds of play
- Practices basic addition facts from 0 to 10 and comparisons of numbers
- Fully randomized number card deck
- Correct and incorrect answer feedback
- Guided/Unguided play
- Full tutorial
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
It is a paid app but is often on sale or free depending on when you search on the App Store.
Students or groups of students can use these apps in centers or as a review for a particular math topic.