Educreations turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Creating a great video tutorial is as simple as touching, tapping and talking. Explain a math formula... Create an animated lesson... Add commentary to your photos...
• Record and replay your voice, handwriting and drawings
• Add photos from the iPad camera, Photo Albums or Dropbox
• Animate images by dragging them around while recording
• Pause and resume recording anytime
• Create multiple whiteboard pages
• Undo and redo your actions
• Choose from 10 different ink colors
• Create a free account on educreations.com and choose who can view your lessons
• Share your lessons via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Embed your lessons on your blog or website
Use this app in a variety of ways, from having students solve individual problems, present group work, jigsawing problems, and do test corrections. There are 10 different colors to notate with, the ability to notate on multiple pages (especially helpful in math), as well as the ability to notate on pictures or pdf files (I've had my students upload graph paper). I ask them to narrate as though they were teaching someone who missed class the day we covered the problem they are working.
TEACH WHAT YOU KNOW
• Help students with homework by working through an example problem.
• Put your lessons on the web so students can watch them before and after class.
• Tutor someone from afar.
• Showcase your video tutorials on educreations.com and share your knowledge with the world.
• Add your commentary to famous works of art.
From a management standpoint, I've found it easiest to have all of my student ipads logged into my teacher account. This way, once a student has created a screencast, it automatically uploads onto my teacher page at Educreations, and is very easy for me to view/assess.